Declaration of the use of conflict minerals
KOVOHUTY Dolný Kubín s.r.o. as a major manufacturer of ferro silicon powders in Europe, in line with its Quality Policy, supports the intention of Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act on Financial Market Reform and Consumer Protection.
The purpose of this section of the law is to publish and report on the use of minerals (collectively “Conflict Minerals”) from the Democratic Republic of Congo and adjacent areas. The regulation covers minerals and metals of:
KOVOHUTY Dolný Kubín s.r.o. hereby undertakes:
1. Obtain a statement from its suppliers, stating whether the products supplied ontain conflict minerals: tin, tantalum, tungsten or gold.
2. Require the suppliers to avoid the use of conflicting minerals o produce their products.
3. Regularly re-evaluate approved suppliers of goods to update the use of conflict minerals and their origin
4. If products are found to contain conflict materials originating from problem areas , the company will request remedies from the supplier. In the absence of remedy, the company will seek o use other products or will be committed to changing the supplier.
5. Make this statement available on the company’s website for transparency.
6. Respect the requirements for passing information on the use of conflict minerals.